A Christmas Movie List
The Christmas season is just around the corner, and even though Thanksgiving is yet to arrive, us Puerto Ricans love to celebrate Christmas beforehand and start decorating to our hearts’ content. Personally, one of the things I look forward to the most when we’re almost entering the month of December, are the Christmas movies. There is just something about watching one of those films that makes everything so much more special, along with my family, and it never fails to make me absolutely happy.
Here are some of my personal favorite movies that you just NEED to watch during the coldest, and yet, the warmest season of the year:
01: Home Alone (1990)
- A young boy named Kevin is left behind, accidentally, by his family when they take off on their trip to France during the Christmas season. As soon as he realizes he has been left alone on their big mansion, he learns to take care of himself and protect the house from two burglars who planned to rob every house from Kevin’s neighborhood. – source
02: A Christmas Carol (2009)
- Ebenezer Scrooge has always been an old man filled with nothing but misery, especially during Christmas. He begins the season being his usual self and not treating those around him fairly, but he’s then visited by three ghosts on Christmas Eve (Past, Present, Future). He goes through an eye-opening journey where he must choose whether or not to correct his mistakes before it’s too late. – source
03: The Grinch (2000)
- The Grinch, who hates Christmas, becomes annoyed by all the festivities happening in Whoville during the holidays. After he plans his idea of stealing every single gift and Christmas decoration from all the Who’s, he learns the true meaning of the Christmas season, which is beyond anything material. – source
04: The Polar Express (2004)
- The movie revolves around Billy, a boy who finds it hard to believe in Santa Claus, but he desperately wants to. After a magical train arrives at his house, collecting kids to take them to the North Pole, he begins to question his beliefs and the “myths” surrounding Christmas. – source
05: Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Edward, a synthetic youth made by an inventor, is left with a pair of scissors as hands after the death of the man who invented him. He is discovered by an Avon lady, who takes pity on him and takes him with her. He gets the attention of the people, and starts feeling attracted to the Avon lady’s daughter. Everything takes a bad turn when he’s falsely accused of a crime, and everyone starts seeing him as a criminal. – source
It’s not yet the time but,
MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS !